Tuesday, November 11, 2014

The Almighty Shepherd

 
 
“The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want." (Psalm 23:1)
This is a fountain of Living Water, an unfailing star in the night of sorrow and suffering.  Look at it as the language of---

1.    Real Confession.  The Lord is my Shepherd, because I have taken my place at His feet as a sheep---

·         Acknowledging my ignorance--- Mind blinded.

·         Acknowledging my waywardness--- Gone astray.

·         Acknowledging my helplessness---Undone.

·         Acknowledging my dependence--- I will trust.

 
2.    Peaceful Assurance.  The Lord is my Shepherd. He is mine---

·         Because He has purchased me with His blood.

·         Because He has led me by His Spirit.

·         Because He has fed me by His Word.

·         Because He has kept me by His power.

 
3.    Unwavering Confidence.   I shall not want.---  Because whatever He thinks, will  be for my highest good and for His glory---

·         Because His riches are unsearchable.

·         Because His power is almighty.

·         Because His faithfulness is unfailing.

·         Because His love is unchanging.

 
Taken from ”Handfuls On Purpose” by James Smith.  First published in 1947 – Re-printed in July 1984 by William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company

~Annie~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Freedom of Choice

The first humans were created in the image of God to be like Him in character and love with free will... which meant freedom to choose. ...